Junior Designer, Sales Marketing
New York, NY
About the Role
FMG is looking for a junior designer with a sharp eye for presentations, marketing materials and most importantly -- visual storytelling. The designer will be joining a new team that's responsible for building and designing RFP presentation decks that support advertising initiatives across our diverse portfolio of sites, including the original Gizmodo Media Group sites, The Onion, A.V. Club, ClickHole and more.
- Design scalable Keynote templates and materials for all pitches to advertisers
- Design custom materials for the company’s biggest initiatives, both sponsored and editorial
- Unify visual branding of a new media powerhouse full of the Internet’s most beloved communities
- Shape the narrative and flow of how ideas are presented across the organization
- Actively create a process that maximizes style while minimizing effort
- Be a valued and integral member of an ideas-first advertising organization
- BA / BS degree
- 1-2 years of design experience
- Ability to think strategically about how ideas are presented and structured
- Experience building Keynote and PowerPoint presentations, as well as design experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Digital media fluency, a plus
- Strong track record in achieving goals with outstanding execution and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively independently and in collaborative team environments
- Hands-on, consistently completes tasks, dependable, and proactive
- Operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude
- Detailed oriented persona, who is very meticulous about his/her work
- This is a full time position with full benefits, including everything from unlimited time off, fully paid medical insurance to free meals provided weekly.